Ebay : SQ4 in featherbed

Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Ebay : SQ4 in featherbed

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

-no connection- Looks good but unfinished, perhaps it hides a few gremlins. But when sorted this could be a lovely bike

7000,-GBP and open to offer ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166375586556 ... Sw3OJlHql8

Item description from the seller :
Ariel square four 1948 engine in 1957 Norton dominator frame. engine rebuilt and the whole bike built to a high standard with the exception of the foot pegs and lack of rear mudguard stays. the engine will run but is difficult to start so i think it needs the magneto timing looking at. its not my field so and as its too heavy for me i would like some to take it on to complete and use. May take 350 triumph in part exchange. the last two pictures taken 7th 0ct. its in my garage and just about the same as when i bought it .the other pics are when i bought it but in sunshine. it really is in amazing condition.
s-l1600 (3).jpg
Simon.Gardiner
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Ebay : SQ4 in featherbed

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

Looks very nicely done - and has kept the entire Ariel transmission (including the primary chaincase) , which to me seems very unusual. (Additional pic below showing the BA box.)

I now await a list of Noriels that have kept the Ariel primary side and gearbox! :mrgreen:
noriel-ebay.jpg
SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
fpassmore
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by fpassmore »

Very nice result. Someone could have a decent start to a smart looking project. The tank is enormous but it would need to be to cover up the space.
I like it and am just an ocean and continent too far to contemplate. Too many projects of my own in any case.
Frank
'51 SQ4, '56 NH, '56 VH, '37 VH500 Red Hunter, '56 SQ4 (basket case), '49 Sq4 (basket case), '48 A7 BSA Twin, 12 other BSA's, 9 Norton's, 2 Triumph's, 3 Ducati's and 3 Japanese. Just crazed is all my problem is.
nevhunter

Post by nevhunter »

There's been a few Vincent s in featherbed frames around the tracks in Australia, over the years and many of the frames are repro's. Ok in their time and that's relative to what else was offering. The Fastest Norton was with the Big vertical twin AMC motors.. Nev