DVLA registration request very slow

Bikes or not. Whatever
john.davies
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: DVLA registration request very slow

Post by john.davies »

I had a similar situation with a 1958 BSA C15 that had a A plate registration as its original number had been sold off in the 1980's. Contacted the DVLA and said to them that the A plate was making the bike seem newer than it actually was which breaks their own rules. They agreed and issued a new 3 letter 3 number registration number free of charge.
Last edited by john.davies on Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 1931 Ariel VB31, 1935 Triumph 5/3 project, 1946 Ariel Square 4, 1952 Norton Model 7, 1953 BSA A10 Super Flash, 1954 Ariel VH
Paul Gasson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Paul Gasson »

That’s encouraging, thanks for your comment John.
Paul Gasson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Paul Gasson »

After considerable backwards and forwards with DVLA I have now received a letter advising that they will not be issuing an age related registration number for my bike. The current document shows date of manufacture as 1950, as does the dating certificate from the club. The machine currently has a letter C suffix for 1965 when, for some reason it was given its new number. The letter from DVLA states “The vehicle was correctly registered and the appropriate VRN was issued in line with policy and procedures at the time of registration”. I had previously suggested that vehicles with registration numbers later than the date of manufacture was not in line with their policy. Do any members have cases along the lines of the situation I have they are prepared to comment about to help me see if there is a case for an appeal on this? I do not know what the policy was in 1965, any ideas? I have already noted the comments made by John about his BSA above.
Thanks in advance Paul
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi Paul, we have had it when a vehicle has been re registered they did give you areg of that year it was done and not when was made we had a lot of old motors that we got with with no numbers and re registered them running around with the latest year regs then Dvla started using Q plates but i think that has now stopped