Anyone attending Normandy next year from the club?

General talk about the W/NG
Adz.F
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Anyone attending Normandy next year from the club?

Post by Adz.F »

Hi,

I'm looking for anyone attending Normandy next year from the club. I have never been before and am contemplating taking my newly finished W/NG, but I have no idea on the best way of doing it.

Many thanks

Adam
RTichard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Anyone attending Normandy next year from the club?

Post by RTichard Woolnough »

I have been to the Luc rally in Normandy a few times, this is situated on the landing beaches, if I recall correctly we went through the tunnel, I am local to it, then rode, on occasions drove, down to the area, I have only been on later bikes, 50's Velocette and G80cs but I do have a W/ng so it may be a thought for next year, however a word of warning, accommodation can be difficult to find, we would bo0ok a plastic house on the local camp site, in good time!
kind regards
Dave S

Post by Dave S »

I'm going next year with a gang of others on a variety of WW2bikes.
Accommodation anywhere near the beaches will be a problem. We booked ours about two months ago and struggled to find any campsites still with spaces at that time.
It looks like it is going to be a big "Do", so first find somewhere to stay, then work out how to get there.
Adz.F
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Adz.F »

Thanks for the replies, will see if I can find somewhere to camp, I guess Google maps will be the best place to look

Thanks