Another prat pulled out of the side road without looking

pictures (or stories) of hideous injuries sustained by your ariel
paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Another prat pulled out of the side road without looking

Post by paul.jameson »

Many thanks to you all for your kind words. The aches and pains are moving about the body now, which I take to be a good thing. I have to attend the fracture clinic on Tuesday when I should find out how much and for how long my right wrist will be immobilised.

The bike is back home (many, many thanks to Geoff Brown) but I still haven't managed to ascertain the full extent of the damage. I seem to find something more every time I look at it. At present I know that forks, front mudguard/stays, exhausts, handlebars and kickstart are bent but have no idea whether the frame has also suffered, There is paint damage on the tank but I haven't taken the knee grip off to see if there is a dent there, nor felt over the rest of the tank in detail to check that. The vintage mirror got smashed but the modern one survived.

I have been in touch with my insurers who seem to want me to use lawyers who are firmly in the 90% who give the rest a bad name. I can foresee an article in Cheval on the subject if my experiences appear to be worth recounting.

Normal service on archives, clocks and gauges will be resumed as soon as possible.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Paul
Very sorry to hear this and hope your wrist is not too painful, and the sq four is not too badly damaged. The standard of driving by many is truly abysmal these days. I am just getting the KH back together after my recent front wheel puncture and unexpected arrival on my friends driveway!

Best Regards

Dave Smith
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by nevhunter »

My wife is a quite accomplished rider of solos and sidecars and after about 45 years has decided to give up riding because of the atrocious standard and bad attitude of today's drivers. I'm very inclined to agree with her.Even some of our own ilk are making it too much of a contact sport for it to be fun.. Pity. Fun while it lasted. Nev
charvey
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by charvey »

I hope all repairs go quickly, the last time somebody pulled out on me it was another motorcycle and nearly his mate as well the first one didn't look so they are all guilt the only thing with a bike pulling out is it gives you a bit more room to pass them be it on the other side of the road ever body take care Clive
GuyH
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by GuyH »

So sorry to hear this Paul, I hope both you and the bike have a speedy recovery.
1939 600 OHV 4F, 1956 MKII Square Four, a Healey, 1939 OH 250, 1939 OG 250 plus a couple of OG250 projects, 1920 Ariel V twin project and a variety of lesser makes
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

Wishing you and your machine a speedy recovery, I hope all goes well with the insurance people.

Colin