Chain suppliers UK?

Bikes or not. Whatever
Paul Gasson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Chain suppliers UK?

Post by Paul Gasson »

I am ready to order chains for my 1950 NH project, anyone got a recommendation, brand and supplier?

Thanks in advance.
paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Chain suppliers UK?

Post by paul.jameson »

IWIS chain, supplier The Chain Man of Stourport-on-Severn.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

I would suggest Draganfly but then I would as I have a vested interest but they stock all sizes listed on the website at competitive prices and good quality. I use them all the time! End of advert
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Paul Gasson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Paul Gasson »

Paul, thanks you for that, I think I have seen his trailer at shows some time ago. In the past I bought IWIS from a couple called Chain Gang or similar but believe one of them unfortunately passed away.

Roger, appreciate the advert and it was the first place I checked but primary chain of correct length - no stock and no brand mentioned. From large roll cut to my length - no stock and no brand mentioned. Interestingly longer and shorter primary chains show a box in picture with Izumi brand. I like to know which brand I am buying and it’s not clear on the products that interest me. It’s the same for the final drive, they have stock but no branding so I cannot compare prices if I am not comparing apples with apples. Yes, I could call them but it would be better if it’s on the website.