Summer rally - visitors welcome?

Anything about Ariels
Dave S

Summer rally - visitors welcome?

Post by Dave S »

Hi, I and a friend live quite near to where the AOMCC summer rally is to be held in Newport.
Just wondering if it would be possible to call in to the rally and see what's what?
I have a W/NG undergoing renovation, he has a rigid VH? Untouched for many years
I'm a recent joined member, he isn't in the club but has had his Ariel since he bought it many years ago for £5!!
Just wondering if -
a) It would be ok to swing by for an hour or two?
b) If so what day/time would be best to see bikes etc. Any line-up taking place?
Thanks, Dave.
paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Summer rally - visitors welcome?

Post by paul.jameson »

Ariel rallies are seldom open to the public but AOMCC members are always encouraged to attend. Many members will bring guests, such as their wives, in which case the Member is responsible for the good behavior of the guest. Probably the best time to see the biggest number of bikes present will be late on the Saturday afternoon, irrespective of whatever is in the actual programme and when. I expect that there will be a line up of bikes at some stage but not all bikes will take part in that and a good wander round the site will enable you to see whatever you are interested in. There will be a signing in point and you will need to sign in there as a day visitor but obviously you would get far more from the rally by attending for the full weekend.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.
Dave S

Post by Dave S »

Hi Paul, many thanks for your reply and explanation of possibilities for visiting the rally.
Understood re signing in, no problem.
Looking forward to seeing a few bikes and meeting a few brethren who will inspire my friend to bring his bike back to life!
Dave.
Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

How about : Welcome ! :lol: