sq4 rocker shaft instalation

Bikes or not. Whatever
Henning G
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

sq4 rocker shaft instalation

Post by Henning G »

Hello everybody,
I just wonder if there is correct way to install the rocker shaft on a sq4, regarding to the lubricant holes. Should they face upwards or downwards? Believe downwards will drain the shafts, but maybe just a silly question.. Regards Henning
;)
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: sq4 rocker shaft instalation

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Never seen it mentioned and can't see that it would make any difference as pressure is a system is equal throughout the system.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Chris Sealy

Post by Chris Sealy »

Hi Henning G. My current project is a Mk 1 squariel, and I asked myself the same question about a week ago.I decided that, as Roger says, all thing being equal; there is a small chance that the underside of the rocker shaft might get a little more oil, when the valve is closed, if the hole pointed downward, maybe, perhaps.
Cheers, Chris.
Henning G
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Henning G »

Thanks for your answers, as I mentioned, just a silly question. Have anyone thought about blocking the one end off in the rocker shaft, just to minimize the oil flow into the rocker box, the shaft is a tight fit,but…