Ariel Huntmaster WVS 798

Who has my old bike ? What was this bike? Pictures of your old bikes etc
SteveShone

Ariel Huntmaster WVS 798

Post by SteveShone »

Hello, folks. Just something Ive been pondering - is WVS 798 a 1957 Ariel Huntmaster still around? DVLA says its on SORN with the last V5 issued in 2020.
It did belong to my dad, he died in 2002 and I sold the bike soon afterwards via a mate who arranged for it to head down south somewhere. I understand it later migrated to Wales.
Why didnt I keep it? I kept his 1952 Matchless 500 twin that he restored, which I still have and ride, but the Ariel held a painful memory. He'd visited me one afternoon and struggled to get it started so I kicked it off for him. He died unexpectedly the following week whilst we were on holiday and I always felt that in some way that bike was responsible - daft I know :| The last time I saw him was riding away on that bike.
Does the bike belong to a member? I do have a couple of photos of the bike taken on one of our rides onto the North Yorkshire Moors.

Steve
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Ariel Huntmaster WVS 798

Post by Roger Gwynn »

It isn't on the club's register, at least the reg isn't but many bike son there do not have the reg recorded. Would you happen to know the engine and frame numbers?
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
SteveShone

Re: Ariel Huntmaster WVS 798

Post by SteveShone »

Afraid not, Roger, but thanks for checking.

Steve