Ariel Plunger Frame

Anything about Ariels
DeanJordan

Ariel Plunger Frame

Post by DeanJordan »

Does anyone know what type of chain adjusters a 1951/52 350 red hunter should have as they are missing from this bike?

Does anyone know or have a wiring diagram for a mag dynamo system? I will be making my own wiring loom so I need to know what amps the wires should be. The dynamo is Lucas E3LM-6V.
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Ariel Plunger Frame

Post by Roger Gwynn »

The type is a threaded hexagon set screw, long. This one in fact https://draganfly.co.uk/shop/68967/whee ... /#4989-50Q

Wiring diagrams do not usually include specs for the wire. As your dynamo is rated at 60 Watts the max current any wire will take will be 10 Amps on 6 Volts or 5 if converting to 12 Volts. Diagrams are available in the Waller or Haycraft manuals
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Pete.Silson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Pete.Silson »

Dean

Adjuster is part 4989-50 (plus 1/4 CEI locknut) and screws into the top of the Ansty stirrup.
4989-50.jpg

Wiring diagram:
magdyno wiring diagram.jpg
Pete
DeanJordan

Post by DeanJordan »

Thank you very much
DeanJordan

Post by DeanJordan »

I think that who ever had this bike before me , had started to turn it into a trail bike,all the tank brackets had been removed, along with the seat lugs , brake pedal lugs plus moor , iv made these parts and welded them back on ,it’s been like teeth, after your reply about the nasty link ,I’m now wondering if thay have been chopped down , can’t see any were that bolt could go , l will try and look at a complete one , this as answered a question thanks
Simon.Gardiner

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

DeanJordan wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:20 pm ...can’t see any were that bolt could go....
Dean - there are 2 different types of plunger stirrup, the slightly earlier pattern used snail-cam adjusters not bolts.
See this thread, it has some pics of both types.
viewtopic.php?p=64665

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
DeanJordan

Post by DeanJordan »

That explains it all now . It’s should have the snail type ,but thay are missing, thanks for the picture s Pete ,very helpful