Magneto Repairs - Old Iron Engineers

Recommend a bike related business
SteveShone

Magneto Repairs - Old Iron Engineers

Post by SteveShone »

I needed a mag rebuilt for my 1948 Matchless G80S and after a 5 month wait for another mag for my 1926 AJS 500 from Armoto, I gave Matthew a call - per their ad in CdeF. This was on a Thursday lunchtime. He told me he was about to start on a batch of armature rewinds and if I could get my mag to him he would include it with the others. Next day Special Delivery had it with him on the Friday.
He contacted me that weekend telling me what was needed and I gave him the go-ahead. I was astounded to get a message from him on the following Friday letting me know the mag was on test and would be sent out on the Monday.
Sure enough it landed on Tuesday looking like it had just come from the Lucas factory and had a spark like a camera flash just turning i over by hand. As Matt told me, I just happened to be lucky in catching them at the right time. The cost was half that charged by Armoto too.
As a bonus, the Matchless fired up first kick after Id fitted it. :D
So, it's a hearty thanks to OIE for the work and a highly recommended company.

Steve
dave.owen
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Magneto Repairs - Old Iron Engineers

Post by dave.owen »

I had a similar good experience

Dave
AOMCC Treasurer
Julian Murphy
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Magneto Repairs - Old Iron Engineers

Post by Julian Murphy »

I also had a good experience of Matthew when he overhauled my M01 mag for the NH.

Funnily enough, I also saw a bit 'fat' spark when turning it on the bench by hand.

Did a write up in here somewhere.

Recommended.