just an old picture ..

Bikes or not. Whatever
Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

just an old picture ..

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Rummaging through some old documents I found a picture that was made on the inneryard at the Tech school in the town of Woerden, Netherlands around 1969.
It shows a decapitated Opel Kapitän P2 6 cylinder car packed with the students from the automotive class.
My dad at the left is just about starting to wonder if it was a good idea to leave his pupils with this still rather capable 6 cylinder car :lol:
His MG Magnette Mk IV Farina Saloon is parked on the drive way to the workshop
Those where the days my friends... :D
LTS Woerden binnenplaats.jpg
Julian Murphy
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: just an old picture ..

Post by Julian Murphy »

When I was at skool ( :lol: ) mid 70s there were 2 very well liked teachers that ran the skool ( :lol: :lol: ) operatic group, and would put on a 'show' once a year.

Well, I wanted to get involved from a technical aspect :ugeek: , making stage pieces, backings, fitting, assembling the stage extension from slotted angle etc.

When volunteers were called for to do stage lighting, I was first in the queue.

Imaging being left to sort out stage light positioning, stage light wiring, operating open rheostats for dimming, virtually unsupervised at the age of 13 to 16.....

Just got on with it. Got at least 1 shock. I'm still here to tell the tale... :)

Imagine that in todays protective environment.... :shock:
Vincent.vanGinneke

Re: just an old picture ..

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Now you see who I can blame for where it comes from when I take my Ariel to do the bar rounds at the rally :lol: :lol: