Ariel Arrow 1964 for sale

Mike.Morgan

Re: Ariel Arrow 1964 for sale

Post by Mike.Morgan »

Wha is your price Deniso?
Deniso

Post by Deniso »

I was told that £4K would be a fair price. The bike looks lovely to me and has lots of money spent on it to make it what it is. I don’t have a use for it so if you want to have a look then no problem. I haven’t even put it in my name yet I was doing a favour for a friend who had no storage space. I am also speaking to someone else who I might use in part exchange for a van
Deniso

Post by Deniso »

Or make me an offer.
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi whereabouts is the bike to be looked at
Deniso

Post by Deniso »

Hi. I live in Richmond west London. I’m around during the week if easier and the garage is lit so evenings could work as well. The bike is not insured but I have a small driveway if there is a need to drive it. Regards. Denis
Deniso

Post by Deniso »

C3D48787-DCD2-4869-B827-9AAF193B6E75.jpeg
Hi Will. I can’t thank you enough for all the information you have given me. I have now managed to find the engine No which is
Simon.Gardiner

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

Early ('59-'60) Leader engine/gearbox (as Will surmised).
The two-stroke engine/frame number designations are explained in the table at the end of this doc at Draganfly:
https://draganfly.co.uk/wp-content/uplo ... el_vin.pdf
Increased capacity will pep it up a bit, if it's got the larger rear sprocket from the 200cc bike it might feel positively spritely!
If the V5 shows 1980 that'll be the date that someone presented the machine to the DVLA with no docs but maybe a registration number. My '56 VH also shows 1980 'cos that's when I put it back on the road, without any docs. Back then things were different and nobody minded about retaining the number on the original reg. plate rather than insisting it was replaced with an age-related one.

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
Deniso

Post by Deniso »

Thank you so much for all the info. The more I know the less I realise I really know another these older bikes. I have had a couple of people from the site asking about price and location. I live in Richmond west London. I’m open to what the experts on this site think is the right price. It’s more important it goes to an enthusiast instead of eBay. I will not put it on eBay for another week to be fair Have a nice weekend everyone.
RTichard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by RTichard Woolnough »

Interesting, DVLA show first registered 1964 which would be correct for the 'B' suffix and, it appears Surry, and a 25occ engine, subsequently still on the DVLA site in a different section shows first registered 1980, has the V5C got an insertion which states the date of first registration and is it transferable? strange there are two dates of registration, I cannot recall the cut off dates for numbers to be retained by DVLA from the old log books, if I recall correctly you had to send your county logbooks of to be included on the computer or risk losing the number, I had to do this with a couple of bikes but they still retained the 'first registered' as the date of first county registration , you cannot get the history of the machines now from DVLA due to that DPA act, My well travelled and numbered WNG, I think was used at one time as a 'mule' for the transfer of plates I obtained its history from DVLA which shows a good many numbers issued to it then replaced, the V5C does show that the number is now non transferrable and the first registration of 1946, on demob I guess. for what this is worth
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

When last listed on the club's machine register this bike had engine T 7593 A, a 1959 Leader that would fit with the gearbox number. However this listing dates from 1986 and it is always possible that the engine has been changed again!
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.