Ariel Riding and Fixing 2023

Bikes or not. Whatever
Steven.Carter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: Ariel Riding and Fixing 2023

Post by Steven.Carter »

Karol Burger wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:11 pm maybe if I work hard for at least one more year, I will understand that the meaning of life is not returning and I will start eating more on my Ariel and she will visit my friends more often. I would really like to ride today, but there is still something I have to finish and so I don't have time to enjoy... :(
Well, we all hope for more riding time then after an hour or so you hope for a coffee, then another hour so passes then you start hoping for another coffee. Maybe its the coffee I'm after :D
Just arrived into Magor services. Its my favourite on the M4, the fuel is always reasonably priced, you can park outside near the pumps and get a roll and coffee
20231002_085119.jpg
Steven.Carter

Post by Steven.Carter »

Bike made it to the Fishguard, no problems except for, well, Wales has introduced a 20mph town speed limit over the entire country, but some drivers on the M4 think that it applies to them!! At least 3 really slow cars doing I'd, say only 30mph.
Anyway I've my feet up in the ferry.
20231002_131420.jpg
Steven.Carter

Post by Steven.Carter »

An exciting trip into Bere Island last night. I arrived at the pontoon around 11pm, too late for any ferry, I'd have to wait till morning, so my plan was to kip down in the camping trailer. About 1pm I gets a woken up, Steven, is that you. The ferry had come out to bring in some people who had gone to a meeting so I managed to get back home. Result :D :D
20231003_110823.jpg
Vincent.vanGinneke

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Nice to know the right people and that they know you !
Simon.Gardiner
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

'Ere, where did that front disc come from, that wasn't there last time we saw a pic of the 650?! ! :o :o :o :mrgreen:

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
Steven.Carter

Post by Steven.Carter »

Simon.Gardiner wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:14 pm 'Ere, where did that front disc come from, that wasn't there last time we saw a pic of the 650?! ! :o :o :o :mrgreen:

SG
Eek I've been found out,, :D its something that did slightly bother me with a heavy trailer not having a particular good front brake. My previous twin leading shoe I had was good but faded badly. Then Mark Whitaker did one for his Huntmaster and thought it would work for me. It did.
Steven.Carter

Post by Steven.Carter »

Vincent.vanGinneke wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:37 pm Nice to know the right people and that they know you !
Yes its lovely really. They all would come out and get me if I asked but I'll leave that favor for an emergency.
Vincent.vanGinneke

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Tell us all about that front disc !

Drawings :shock: , materials :D , construction :), Make :o, Beer, 8-) wotnot. :lol:
dave.owen

Post by dave.owen »

Royal Enfield,, complete front wheel I believe
AOMCC Treasurer
Steven.Carter

Post by Steven.Carter »

dave.owen wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:10 pm Royal Enfield,, complete front wheel I believe

It is Dave,, and caliper. I just cut a bit of 5mm steel to shape, drilled a few holes. I had to shape the matting surface of the metal to match the mudguard bracket on the fork station so that when I bolted it up it stayed straight.
I also welded on a spacer onto the bottom mudguard bracket for the same reason. I made cardboard patterns to start with them made an aluminium one to see if it all worked out alright. Then I gave the pattern to Alan to cut out and weld the spacer for me.
20230829_130808.jpg
20230830_171523.jpg
20230831_142432.jpg