1914 Vee Twin a few parts to finish

andrewh

1914 Vee Twin a few parts to finish

Post by andrewh »

hi Guys, the restoration of my 1914 V Twin is on the home straight, and I am hoping to be able to participate in the 2023 Pioneer run. I have managed to manufacture or source most items that were missing, but I still require the rather vital kickstart quadrant , shaft and arm. The quadrant being the most important. The gearbox on my bike is the same as some singles of 1914 and is the first counter shaft box Ariel made. It was only in production for perhaps 12 months before a new box with integral kickstart appeared. Apart from this I have a need for the early chain case assembly (tin, later aluminium cast) and a desire to find a correct chamber for the AMAC with an outside threaded cap. I have photos of all the items required if anyone thinks they may be able to help please private message me and I will send you via e mail. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.

Although this is a single, the kickstart is correct and the tin case looks the same too.
https://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/ari ... 12-TMC.htm

oops even better , my actual machine!
https://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/ari ... at-EML.htm
andrewh

Re: 1914 Vee Twin a few parts to finish

Post by andrewh »

No takers out there? I suppose I was feeling lucky for the new year! Whats frustrating is I am sure there will be the parts I need out there somewhere.
Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

well..... it's pretty rare stuff that you are asking for.
Most of the time if someone has something rare lying around it could be a matter of what you have for swops.
Selling something rare most people dont really want to do, but swopping for something (not necessarily 1914 Vtwin ofcourse) might do the trick.
andrewh

Post by andrewh »

Yes I get that. Swooping always good but there again if they have the kickstart but not the bike the kickstart is not a lot of good either. ! I suspect the stuff is more than likely in unidentified in many cases.
andrewh

Post by andrewh »

I was just wondering if anybody had turned up any of my missing parts ? Ever hopeful
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi have you tried peter kemp the old single spares he is into the flattank ARIELS and he had parts
andrewh

Post by andrewh »

Hahaha . I am very much in touch with Peter and he has been a great help to me, and very generous lending me several parts to copy . A proper chap indeed. But sadly he doesnt have the early chain case or the early kickstart as they only ran for 1 year from 1913 through 1914 before being superseded to integral Kickstarter on a different gearbox, and an aluminium chains case. Thank you very much for the thought though. Andrew