Field stand fouling pannier bracket

General talk about the W/NG
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Field stand fouling pannier bracket

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Thanks folks, I shall see what we can do, we should have an original pattern at work but sometimes these things look original but turn out to be home made and not quite right.
If you let Draganfly know when something isn't right they will always look into and fix it if it is wrong. To do this they need specific details and I/they know that the majority of parts that don't fit are because of some problem with the bike, rather than a problem with the part, which of course is not obvious until you have been mucking about with them for 150 years. Of course this is not to say that Draganfly don't make mistakes, with 25,000 lines it is going to happen and as they say "the person who hasn't made a mistake, hasn't made anything."
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
stevewhitt
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Field stand fouling pannier bracket

Post by stevewhitt »

simon.holyfield wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:50 am Good point Mick. I believe the pannier bracket should be behind that hex, which is actually a special stud.
Thanks Mick,
I originally tried the bracket behind the hex (stud) but it left less thread in the frame and I wasn't comfortable with that. I think now that the studs from ACME stainless are not the right part and possibly with the correct studs, I can move the bracket as suggested, hence in my first post I did ask if anyone knew where I might obtain part number 5654-41. My Smart and Brown Lathe lacks screw cutting and whilst I can do simple jobs, it is far too difficult to do a nice job with the stud!

Just to clear up any confusion, the panner brackets I bought are from Drags, not the AOMCC. It was only the spring clips from the AOMCC.

Cheers and thanks for very useful replies.

Steve