HT5 Seat and Speedo

Singles, twins and fours.
Ian.Hamilton

Re: HT5 Seat and Speedo

Post by Ian.Hamilton »

Thanks Will and Johnny, re petrol.
Such a lot to take in but getting there. I will post a picture of my project later on when I get a bit further on and find out how to do it.. Lol
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Over the summer I did around 4000 miles during the Round Britain Rally, an excellent landmark rally and filled up with E5 or E10 at random. I kept a note of consumption, which did vary between 78 and 86 mpg but no more than expected with various riding in the wilds of Scotland and central Manchester. Can't say that I noticed any difference in performance either.
The original speedo on an HT, when fitted and most were, was a 'D' type. Rubber saddle covers are available from retailers but are the small version, there is someone, a small Norton spares guy, that I found was making copies of the saddle frame bits. Not a cheap kit and is the larger saddle. Before I bought the parts recently I wasn't aware of 2 sizes. The rubber cover doesn't fit the frame, I have yet to investigate what to do, i may end up making a frame to suit the cover. I can probably find the Norton guy's details if you have trouble.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Ian.Hamilton

Post by Ian.Hamilton »

Hi Roger, many thanks for your input, very interesting and helpful. If you can give me his details that would be great. I am grasping at straws so any help is a bonus it’s so difficult trying to source parts.
My email is ihsc24909@blueyonder.co.uk
Regards Ian
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by simon.holyfield »

Coincidentally I found this yesterday while looking for toolbox & saddle details for my Model A. Is this the guy?

https://shop.kingpincomponents.co.uk/al ... ber-saddle
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com