specifications, colours, contract nos, variations etc
FOR GENERAL ENGINE AND GEARBOX, USE THE FOUR STROKE TECHNICAL FORUM
Adz.F
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

WNG front axle arrangement

Post by Adz.F »

Hi,

Could anyone assist with the arrangement of the front axle bearings nuts and washers please?

Mine doesn't really seem to resemble the drags pictures; the axle, bearings and assembly nuts came with the bike but were all in a box loose!

I believed all that was missing were the special locking washer, and the brake plate clamping nut. Drags were out of the nut so I ordered a larger nut and turned it down to suit with a shoulder. Is there a lock nut missing from the left side of the bike (r/h in the picture)?

There also seemed to be the spacers missing behind the bearing races according to the breakdown drawing on drags, again not available so I turned some up and inserted before the races.

I am also struggling with the bearing grease retaining cups as there seem to be none of the smaller ones (1 and 7/16 inch diameter). Any sources please?

Pictures attached...

Many thanks in advance

Adam
Attachments
20221017_192337.jpg
20221017_192322.jpg
20221017_192308.jpg
20221017_192248.jpg
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: WNG front axle arrangement

Post by Roger Gwynn »

I have never found an exploded view of this wheel nor the standard 7" version fitted to other models so the one on Drags website has been modified from the rigid wheel as it is similar in construction. The drawing is intended to enable owner's to find the part number of the parts and is not an accurate representation.
I remember being confused when I made the drawing up and looking again at it I am still confused. I shall try to have a look at a wheel and work out which part goes where and what it looks like and let you know.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Adz.F
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Adz.F »

Excellent thank you Roger!
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

There is an error on the drawing on the Draganfly site that has been copied from an early parts book, the nut under the brake plate shown as 4050-29 should be 4049-29 and the outer of the 2 nuts at the other end should be changed from 4049-29 to 4050-29. See attachment for drawings of all the parts and arrangement.
Attachments
Type 2.docx
Wheel type 2
(98.31 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Adz.F
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Adz.F »

Absolutely perfect, thank you for the assistance!

Best regards

Adam