Dave.Barkshire
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

FOR SALE : 1914 v-twin

Post by Dave.Barkshire »

Andy H

Re: FOR SALE : 1914 v-twin

Post by Andy H »

A pretty rare bit of kit,they didnt make many in 1914.
Paul Gasson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Paul Gasson »

This was my fathers motorcycle, I think he restored it in the 1990s and it took part in many pioneer runs, some with a sidecar fitted. I think the sidecar was made by Ariel as well. It replaced a veteran Triumph single with free hub and a small capacity BAT V twin, which was direct drive, run and jump. He enjoyed the gearbox and clutch fitted to the Ariel as he got older and it completed his set of veteran, vintage, post vintage and post war Ariel’s! The Ariel was sold around the time he passed away and this was via Verralls but I do not know where it has been since. I have a photo of him riding that I will post here if anyone is interested.
Andy H

Post by Andy H »

I was trying to think of the name of the fella who had it,I spoke with him a few times in the late 90s as I had a later one that I was trying to build,He was a really nice guy,The picture would be great.
Paul Gasson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Paul Gasson »

Hi Andy, here is a photo of him riding, from the white pained railings it could be the start of the Pioneer run?

His name was Peter Gasson from near Horley in Surrey if that rings any bells?

He was an Ariel man for all of my life and was well known in VMCC and AOMCC circles in the south of England, he was a pal of Len Ore, Tony Peggler etc.
Attachments
F0A2E075-608A-42CC-8AA7-5F83FA552F1A.jpeg
Andy H

Post by Andy H »

Thats him,I spoke with him on a few occasions at different events a real nice fella,I used to see him with Tony and John.