VH '59 In Glamour Red

Les H

VH '59 In Glamour Red

Post by Les H »

My bike awaiting it's restoration. Looks reasonable but could be better inside and out :)
Whatever the condition, the Red Hunter has to be one of the "Most Elegant Singles" (Bob Currie quote)
P1050649.JPG
P1050624.JPG
P1050646.JPG
P1050645.JPG
Attachments
P1050653.JPG
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: VH '59 In Glamour Red

Post by simon.holyfield »

Looks lovely!
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
Les H

Re: VH '59 In Glamour Red

Post by Les H »

Thanks Simon. I would say though that whoever did the the original refurb or restoration did it in a way that wasn't that brilliant. I'm sorting out the basics at the moment and time permitting I would like to go over the whole bike again starting from scratch. Obviously having the bike in a pretty good state makes the whole job so much easier. The only trouble is that I have 3x other bikes that require entire restorations to do first and they will take a couple of years. The trouble with humans is that they don't live long enough to do everything you want to do and at very very best, I reckon I have only 10-15 years left, so maybe I would be wasting my time doing up this VH. I'll just have to get used to it as it is but, and this is more of a criticism of myself and NOT a boast, I'm an irritating perfectionist and find myself worrying about tiny details and imperfections, and as said, life is too short to be like that...From what I've seen on your superb blog site, I reckon you are a perfectionist too :)