1943 W/NG Transmission and Clutch Wanted

Parts needed or for sale, which are unique to the W/NG.
Suppliers of unique Ariel parts.
tcolbourne

Re: 1943 W/NG Transmission and Clutch Wanted

Post by tcolbourne »

Yes--i read that on Drags page on w/ng bikes--but it has the place to put one (hole down the middle of the steering assembly)--so it just stays open i guess. No knob or plug or anything. appreciate the feedback. Also feedback on the transmission--somebody somehow put in a BSA main shaft--which i need to change out so proper clutch will fit. looking forward to working on it this winter--biking weather is over here pretty much now.
tcolbourne

Post by tcolbourne »

Thanks for the feedback--so what goes into the hole in the W/NG where the damper shaft and knob would go? just wondering. i'm getting the trans from Paul Turner so should have a running bike before next year--still looking for clutch parts however.
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by nevhunter »

It's not drilled and has no serrations. Probably the plug can be knocked out upwards and a plain one fitted. I had NOS forks so nothing ever altered. Spare parts copy confirms and no switch in headlamp or ammeter. Switch has TEST position when fully rotated anticlockwise and is under the seat. Confirms generator working. Universal type seat fitted to later bikes from new. Nev
tcolbourne

Post by tcolbourne »

Hi all -- i bought the trans from Paul Turner--thanks Paul- looking forward to getting it and getting it reconditioned
Still looking for some clutch and primary drive parts for W/NG--clutch rod that goes through trans including both ends, Clutch dome over primary.
simon.holyfield

Post by simon.holyfield »

Ariel clutch pushrods are plain at both ends - you can make one yourself from a bit of 1/4" silver steel.
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by Roger Gwynn »

There were at leasyt 4 different switches fitted at various times to the W/NG. Each contract had its own spec and therefore there was a parts book for each contract. I have copies of many but not all and have tabulated the parts that changed at least once during the lifetime of the W/NG. There 86 parts that I know changed, some several times and some like the tin outer cases changed back again on larter contracts. Happy to send details to anyone who is interested.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.