1914 Vee Twin restoration

Bikes or not. Whatever
andrewh

1914 Vee Twin restoration

Post by andrewh »

Good morning guys. I am commencing a restoration of my late fathers Ariel Vee Twin. A rare bird, she is mostly complete but looking for the usual small parts. Does anyone have any good photos or brochures for these machines I can study to help get the missing parts please? I know for instance that its a 1914 model as it has the flat running boards and the gear change half way down the tank, not at the rear. But it should therefore have a tin chain case, one of the parts missing if anyone happens to have one hanging in their shed! Also need the stirrup front brake set up. Any help really would be greatly appreciated.
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: 1914 Vee Twin restoration

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi i think the man you need to talk to is our old single spares man peter kemp he is into flat tank Ariels he may be able to help you, i know he was selling some of his bikes and parts i think he is worth a try he is very helpful and knows what he is talking about 8-) :D
andrewh

Post by andrewh »

Thanks Johnny I am in touch with Peter but thought I would cast the net as wide as possible. Generally everything is out there somewhere ! Many thx. Andrew
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Parts books and sales catalogues are available, free, to members on the club's website. http://www.arielownersmcc.com/members ... sBooks.htm
Contact me on my email and I can send you some photographs of the parts you mention, look under membership sec in Cheval for the address.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
andrewh

Post by andrewh »

Thank you Roger. I have just been on the website. A great resource for members. Much appreciated. This is such an interesting project and all the help is much appreciated