wanted: arrow/leader gearbox

AdeH

wanted: arrow/leader gearbox

Post by AdeH »

hi, i just posted in the 'a bad thing happened to my ariel' section and a virtually complete arrow/leader gearbox might be needed. most of the gears that are there are in good condition, but apart from the main gearbox casting and the outer casing the rest of it is scrap. any help gratefully received.
many thanks.
cheers, a.
dave.owen
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: wanted: arrow/leader gearbox

Post by dave.owen »

Ade if you join the Aomcc the club has plenty of engine and gearbox spares for two strokes.

Dave
AOMCC Treasurer
Simon.Gardiner

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

Drags had a ton of used Arrow/Leader stuff at the end of last year - give them a call. (I have the impression - possibly wrong - they were quite keen to move it on.)

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
AdeH

Post by AdeH »

thanks for the replies, but joining the aoc when all i've got is 3/4 of an arrow engine is a bit over the top n'est pas? i don't mean to be rude, but surely a parts wanted section is for people wanting parts? which i do :)
drags? i googled it, but still none the wiser. could you enlighten me please. i'm in no rush to get the arrow engine finished, so waiting til bits turn up on ebay is no problem. i did get some parts i needed from owen's in wrexham and very good they were. ordered at 2 o'clock one afternoon and they arrived the next morning :D
cheers, a.
dave.owen

Post by dave.owen »

Draganfly, better to phone them for 2nd hand parts.
Check out their website.

Dave
AOMCC Treasurer
JohnnyBeckett

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi A i know wen i was at Drags a couple of years ago they had just got in over 20 tons of parts and their yard was full up with parts they had everything any body would need to build a ariel 2 stroke 8-) :D
Mick.Small

Post by Mick.Small »

If you go to facebook marketplace and put Ariel Arrow in the search box, you'll find a couple of gearboxes for sale.( One with the rest of the case as well...)