Two into one exhausts

Anything about Ariels
Dickie.Barsby

Two into one exhausts

Post by Dickie.Barsby »

Hiya Folks.

I'm interested in a little feed back concerning a two into one exhaust system for my 1957 Huntmaster. The bike I own is quite original and is fitted with a fully enclosed chain guard, which is great for chain life, but I find the nearside silencer is a pain, restricting access to the inspection hole and other things. I've been considering a two into one system but thought I'd have to enlist the help of a competent metal bender. Until that is I went onto the Armours website (for something unrelated) and saw that they actually sell a two into one down pipe system for the Huntmaster. Simple question. Has anyone bought one of these and do they fit OK?

Many thanks.

Dickie
Mike.Morgan

Re: Two into one exhausts

Post by Mike.Morgan »

Hi Dickie,
Once I have sorted out a little issue with mine, I will be swapping over to what are known as the ‘Siamese’ exhaust system. Other advantages are; easier access to the clutch for maintenance, an arguably better exhaust note, and a very slight (again claimed) improvement to performance. I have seen a few bikes with them on, including my fathers and they fit perfectly.
Regards, Mike M