ariel square four mk2

Singles, twins and fours.
allenbrighton

ariel square four mk2

Post by allenbrighton »

hi guys

I have a mk2 that I rescued and I have an issue. although I have had it running , I fitted electronic ignition [ just the points] and I cannot get it to run again , originaly the unit failed , and got it swopped by dragonfly , my question is --is there anyone in sussex that can tune it for me , advancing years have caused a problem with kicking , originaly after the first re-build I found that it started first kick --now it hates me

hope you can help
Leon.sokolic

Re: ariel square four mk2

Post by Leon.sokolic »

Hello mate, i'm a new member just joined 6 months ago, January 2020 and saw your post, i'm having same issues very very frustrating- 1955 mk 2 new loom, new IGN 15 from Drags, new everything, no spark, no spark.... how did you get yours to run please?
Leon
allenbrighton

Post by allenbrighton »

hi I set it as manual --tdc ---etc etc ---fired and ran --then made a high pitch noise --never to go again ---drags changed the unit u/g I am looking into a accuspark distributor at $150 seems the easy way out , its difficult to know --accuspark do recommend using a non copper ht lead ,

regards

allen
Paul_Linden
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by Paul_Linden »

I have an Accuspark distributor on my square four and am very happy with it. As you say, you should use silicon carbon HT leads with it. Make sure you get the right polarity and the right rotation (clockwise when viewed from above). But note that you will have to adapt the advance retard unit to be correct for a square four.
Square 4 mk1, Square 4 mk2, BSA C12.
paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by paul.jameson »

I have a Powerspark (= Accuspark?) distributor on my Healey Square Four which was difficult to time but is now working well.

Leon - I have sent you a Private Message.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.
Leon.sokolic

Post by Leon.sokolic »

paul.jameson wrote:I have a Powerspark (= Accuspark?) distributor on my Healey Square Four which was difficult to time but is now working well.

Leon - I have sent you a Private Message.
many thanks for your message Paul, since i'm not a computer guru, am trying to retrieve it but no luck. any advice please?
Simon.Gardiner

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

Leon - are you having a problem locating the 'Private Message - Inbox' area of the forum or have you navigated there OK but can't see any messages??

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
admin

Post by admin »

Hi Leon

Did you recover the PM ?

We're having problems with forum notifications (still), but forum messaging should work (it just won't email you that a message has been received)
allenbrighton

Post by allenbrighton »

hi
can anyone reccomend an engineering company to work on my square four please

regards

allen
Paul_Linden

Post by Paul_Linden »

Allen, have you tried Draganfly? If they cannot do it they may know someone who can. Regards, Paul
Square 4 mk1, Square 4 mk2, BSA C12.