Winning Sloper

Bikes or not. Whatever
chris-diamond

Winning Sloper

Post by chris-diamond »

My copy of the motorcycle news came through the letterbox yesterday, and amongst all the bad news about the norton factory, on the second page was a picture of Jim Devereaux's beautifully restored 1931 4 valve Sloper. It had won a very well deserved "best at show" at the Bristol classic bike show last weekend. Well done Jim. :)
1930 SF Sloper, 1949 BSA Bantom, 1953 SQ4, 1954 SQ4, 1956 SQ4 & Steib, Triumph Speedtripple 1050
Bob.Murphy
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Winning Sloper

Post by Bob.Murphy »

As seen at the Bristol Classic Show . . . .
DSCN9203.jpg
DSCN9204.jpg
DSCN9205.jpg
Bob.
My avatar shows the late Len Rich in 1970 with the bike I now have - a 1958 Ariel VH
paul_turner
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by paul_turner »

Hi Chris
yes Jim does do a fine job! and how is yours and more to the the point how are you mending ? been keeping an eye out for updates. Hope you are healing well and hopefully see you at the agm ? cheers Paul T.
JohnnyBeckett

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

that is a very well done Ariel a lot of hard work and time gone in to it to get it like that no wonder it won 8-)
chris-diamond

Post by chris-diamond »

[quote="paul_turner"]Hi Chris
yes Jim does do a fine job! and how is yours and more to the the point how are you mending ? been keeping an eye out for updates. Hope you are healing well and hopefully see you at the agm ? cheers Paul T.[/quote

Hi paul,

I am still under the hospital but apart from possibly needing a small operation on my collar bone, i am now good. The worst injury was my ankle, but after 2 operations and a couple of months on crutches, it has come on really good. I am very grateful to John Radcliffe and Nuffield orthopaedic centre, i can highly recommend them but better still, i recommend not hitting a pot hole! The bikes coming on slowly but should be done for the summer.
1930 SF Sloper, 1949 BSA Bantom, 1953 SQ4, 1954 SQ4, 1956 SQ4 & Steib, Triumph Speedtripple 1050