Re: )-:

Post by keith.hodgenia »

Hey Markus it's upside down
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

that's good from 11 pm tonight we can have our own flag on our number plates and not getting told to take it off :D :D :D :P
GuyWalton
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by GuyWalton »

Twice Ive been pulled over in my car for having the st George cross on my number plate . both times with a producer to go to local plod office for them to inspect . Told thick coppers that it is not an offence but they know better . Took producer to local plod , without changing plates , and both times been told by local plod . Thick traffic cops get it wrong every time nothing wrong with it .
51 mk1 Areil Square Four
55 DB 500 BSA Gold Star
55 Matchless G9
67 BSA B44
06 Ducati 999R
JohnnyBeckett

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

HI Guy i know what you mean i ask the plod that think they know it all wen i have been stop wear are we in England and my flag is st George cross like the rest of UK have their own flag :x :x
alan.moore

Post by alan.moore »

GuyWalton wrote:Twice Ive been pulled over in my car for having the st George cross on my number plate . both times with a producer to go to local plod office for them to inspect . Told thick coppers that it is not an offence but they know better . Took producer to local plod , without changing plates , and both times been told by local plod . Thick traffic cops get it wrong every time nothing wrong with it .
Guy,
I am a retired Traffic officer and I agree that as long as the St George cross is on the left side of the number plate, not within the margin, not more than 50mm wide and has the county identifier letters UK, GB or ENG under the flag then all is in order.

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-pl ... dentifiers

I am sure you were not suggesting all traffic Officers are thick ;)

Alan
1939 VH Redhunter;1942 RN WNG;1951 Triumph 6T Thunderbird;1970 BSA B175 Bantam;1986 Yamaha SRX600 single;1952 VHA engined project
http://cloggymoore.wix.com/triumph-pre-unit-6t
GuyWalton
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by GuyWalton »

alan.moore wrote:
GuyWalton wrote:Twice Ive been pulled over in my car for having the st George cross on my number plate . both times with a producer to go to local plod office for them to inspect . Told thick coppers that it is not an offence but they know better . Took producer to local plod , without changing plates , and both times been told by local plod . Thick traffic cops get it wrong every time nothing wrong with it .
Guy,
I am a retired Traffic officer and I agree that as long as the St George cross is on the left side of the number plate, not within the margin, not more than 50mm wide and has the county identifier letters UK, GB or ENG under the flag then all is in order.

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-pl ... dentifiers

I am sure you were not suggesting all traffic Officers are thick ;)

Alan
No not at all just the two that gave me , I think , a VDRS twice . Cop at local office just tore it up , both times .
51 mk1 Areil Square Four
55 DB 500 BSA Gold Star
55 Matchless G9
67 BSA B44
06 Ducati 999R
JohnnyBeckett

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

HI Alan not all it some of the young ones i have been reported lots of times for no plate ( MOT ) on my big breakdown lorries and gave me a producer wen i went to the police station witch we do recovery for the sargent used to laugh and say a new cop i will put them right that you do not need a plate ( mot ) its the lifting gear that has a test i know and work with a lot of police on jobs and 99 % are good but you get one who wants to make a name for them self and knows it all :)
roger.fellows
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by roger.fellows »

There's another 16 missing from the flag. :P
Paul Slootheer

Post by Paul Slootheer »

time will tell.