Scan of W/NG technical data

specifications, colours, contract nos, variations etc
FOR GENERAL ENGINE AND GEARBOX, USE THE FOUR STROKE TECHNICAL FORUM
T Batnes
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Scan of W/NG technical data

Post by T Batnes »

I have run into a small issue with the norwegian road authorities - my W/NG is registered for one rider only, no pillion. And because of that, the max load limit is very low, only 85kgs over the kerb weight - that allows for only a rider who is a lot slimmer than myself :D
I know of several W/NG's in Norway that are registered for two up riding, having a kerb weight of 160kgs, and a max loaded weight of 335kgs - that is 160 kg of bike plus a 75 kg rider, a 75 kg pillion and 25 kgs of luggage. This is what I wish to get my W/NG approved for as well.
The road authorities tell me they can use the data from another W/NG already registered, but they also require me to get proof in form of a copy of an original document, brochure or hand book that include a kind of technical data sheet on the W/NG. Can anyone in here help me? The club registrar didn't have any, and the scanned W/NG hand books does not cover this kind of data.
Ariel W/NG '40 "Bitzer", Triumph Thruxton '04, IZH-49 '56, Tempo Standard 150 '54.
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: Scan of W/NG technical data

Post by simon.holyfield »

The military maintenance manual 101/A1 shows a weight of 354 lbs, is that any help?
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
T Batnes
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by T Batnes »

Noted, that would be kerb weight.
Ariel W/NG '40 "Bitzer", Triumph Thruxton '04, IZH-49 '56, Tempo Standard 150 '54.
admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by admin »