Re: Today's ride

Post by roger.fellows »

Looks very good, Paul.
paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by paul.jameson »

I have been trying to get some miles in on the Healey before winter confines it to the shed. It has extensive areas of polished alloy which are not improved by a coating of salt. This afternoon was too good to miss. The route went Ledbury, Ross-on-Wye, Tram Inn, Vowchurch, Pontrilas, Abergavenny, Skenfrith, Ross-on-Wye, Ledbury, Newent, Hartpury, Ledbury, Hollybush, Welland, home. The reason for the last two loops back out of Ledbury was, for the first one, to get the mileage for the day above 100, and for the second one, to get the bike above 800 miles. Total mileage today was 132. The photos are taken near Vowchurch. Herefordshire is a most beautiful part of the world. The Abergavenny - Skenfrith - Ross-on-Wye road, in that direction, is one of the very best riding roads I know of.
image7.jpeg
image1 (2).jpeg
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.
Steven.Carter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by Steven.Carter »

That lovely blue sky matches the Healy perfectly :D :D
dave.owen

Post by dave.owen »

Paul, you used roads I know well , indeed very good for old bikes.
I haven't been out this week, so early next week I'll be out again.

Dave
AOMCC Treasurer
fpassmore
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by fpassmore »

Riding is done for us in the British Columbia interior. Daytime high of 4 today, 10cm of snow yesterday and tonight will be -15, might have a few more nicer days (8-10C) but time to put the toys away I would say. Healey is looking lovely Paul.
Frank
'51 SQ4, '56 NH, '56 VH, '37 VH500 Red Hunter, '56 SQ4 (basket case), '49 Sq4 (basket case), '48 A7 BSA Twin, 12 other BSA's, 9 Norton's, 2 Triumph's, 3 Ducati's and 3 Japanese. Just crazed is all my problem is.
nevhunter

Post by nevhunter »

Paul's not bad on these restorations is he? I don't know about coming around the corner with the tail hanging out would go on the Healey. Just how many of those are around, Paul? . Nev
Last edited by nevhunter on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eero.Korhonen

Post by Eero.Korhonen »

fpassmore wrote:Riding is done for us in the British Columbia interior. Daytime high of 4 today, 10cm of snow yesterday and tonight will be -15, might have a few more nicer days (8-10C) but time to put the toys away I would say. Healey is looking lovely Paul.
Frank
It is same here in Finland, we got snow last week and temperature
is around 0 celsius.
Br, Eero
Ariel VH 1954, IZH 350 1962, H-D Sportster Hugger 1992, AOMCC Member 133
Vincent.vanGinneke

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Give Way !

here's coming a Healey !
paul.jameson

Post by paul.jameson »

Thank you for your kind comments.

In response to Nev's question as to how many Healeys are around, only 2 prototypes and 10 production bikes were made. As a result of a project started by former Archivist and Machine Registrar the late Ralph Hawkins, we have an unbroken series of engine and frame numbers on the bikes with no gaps. So they all still exist, although I have temporarily lost contact with two of them following their recent sale at auctions. As far as I know, a prototype and 2 production bikes are in the USA, 2 production bikes are in Italy, 2 in the Netherlands and the remaining 4 production bikes and one prototype in the UK. The first prototype was rebuilt with a new frame to match the production bikes after Tim crashed it. The original frame I have counted as a prototype in the UK while the rebuilt machine I have counted as a production bike in the Netherlands. If you want to argue that these should be counted as only one machine, then only a total of 11 Healeys were made.

It remains conceivable (just) that there might be another one at the end of the number sequence which we don't know about. But I do know what the engine and frame numbers should be for such a machine.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.