Rear sprocket

Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Rear sprocket

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Also the offset of the sprocket on the BSA one is different, in case anyone is thinkng that the A10 one will do, oh and it's only 42 teeth. The wheels are 'the same', just most of the parts are different! It is an Ariel design, used by BSA, not the other way round.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Oh! I always thought that if they did not work it was a BSA design and if they did it was a Ariel design.... :lol:
Richard Dillon

Post by Richard Dillon »

Hi Paul
Thank's for the note but I was very lucky to find an exact replacement complete wheel with a brake hub,sprocket attached to a rusty rim, The wheel and brake plate are for sale (cheap) if any one needs a FWH wheel.
Kindest regards
Simon.Gardiner

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

These were unobtainable a few years ago, then suddenly there was a good supply of brand-new ones (from John Budgen, Drags and at least one obscure seller on ebay if I remember rightly).
Now they've disappeared again.
I assume that one of the bigger general suppliers (maybe MCA or Wassell) had a batch manufactured - maybe that'll happen again in a year or so as they seem to have sold pretty well.

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Watch out for the Indian made ones that have presumably been cast using an original as a pattern with the result that the bolt holes almost line up
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.