Arrow crankshaft repair

GregoryD

Arrow crankshaft repair

Post by GregoryD »

Hi everybody,
I am a proud owner of a French arrow, i guess i won’t see another one on brittany road.
But at this time, crankshaft needs repair (central bearing journal and LH conrod big end).
I identified two solutions in UK : drag and alpha bearing but does anybody knows a company that can do the job in france, germany,.. ?
Thank for answers and hopefully an adress ??
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Arrow crankshaft repair

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi , i would send the crankshaft and rods over to alpha and get it done properly they know what they are doing at Alpha
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Also rather expensive these days, since max died and Chris Williams took over. Ask the cost first. When sending from overseas mark the custom's label with "Temporary import, parts for repair to be returned to owner". See also https://draganfly.co.uk/product-categor ... t-2stroke/
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
GregoryD

Post by GregoryD »

No price available from alpha actually, Only an advice to come back in a few month as too much works actually !
Draganfly ask for sending thé Crankshaft for diagnostic and registering in a « waiting list » to book parts when they are available.

Thank you for advice Roger, i Will do so and Hope it Will work as last times i ordered parts to draganfly, i had to pay for taxes at the post office even if it was mentionned vintage parts over 25 years. I read on French customs website the date limit was 30 years what may explain why i had to pay.
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

I am afraid that the customs people in all countries seem to make up their own rules and break them when they feel like it. There is no possibility to argue or discuss with them. Jens Beusse recently returned a cup to the UK that he had been awarded last year and despite his accurate description of it as well as the ownership we were charged £80 for the privilege.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Roy Davis

Post by Roy Davis »

Hi. A few years ago I had some crankpins made. I use rm125 rods and gt pistons. Maybe approach a gear cutting company as I did.
Attachments
20240521_115005.jpg
GregoryD

Post by GregoryD »

Thank for advice Roy !
Roy Davis

Post by Roy Davis »

Hi. Any movement with the French Arrow. I visited a friend today and look what I arrived home with. He turned down a crank pin to suite the Arrow, one down, one to go. :)
20240726_134235.jpg