1927 model e carby adjustments

Bikes or not. Whatever
rodney.mccue

1927 model e carby adjustments

Post by rodney.mccue »

hi i have a 1927 model e running a 120 brown and barlow carby but it runs so rich can anyone tell me how to lean it up
the carby was reconditioned by a guy named martin bratby but i have lost his contact details any help would be great
thanks rod
dave.owen
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: 1927 model e carby adjustments

Post by dave.owen »

Have you cleaned the jets
AOMCC Treasurer
rodney.mccue

Post by rodney.mccue »

I thought they were a jet less carby the bike has only done 300 km I had one done at the same time for my 26 and that runs perfectly
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by nevhunter »

They are a 2 Lever carb basically and CAN work well as long as any parts are made as original as you can get them to be. AJS ran multi jet without a long needle ( BINKS) during the same years. The body may have been a bit worn (another variable). IF you get them RIGHT you can move the 2 levers close to each other almost together but it gets fussy near idle In traffic you compensate by leaving the settings for SOME Power and use the valve lifter to cut the motor in and out reliably without someone running up the back of you. The right sized AMAC will run much better. It's close to the AMAL in design. If made of BRASS your efforts are likely to be rewarded for Longer. They don't buckle or crack so easily. . Prior to 1930, NICKEL preferably electroless to keep it even thickness and be able to assemble it. Nev
MGriffin
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by MGriffin »

good luck Rodney, I was with you on the Ariel Rally in South Aust and recall your issues. Hope you get it sorted so I can ask you for hints in the future.
Michael in Adelaide.
Regards
Michael.

28 Model A
28 Model C
48 Red Hunter