Find bike registration details from a frame number

Bikes or not. Whatever
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Find bike registration details from a frame number

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Hi Dennis, That frame only appears once in the club's register with a Dennis Thompson as the owner, presumably you! Registration number not given. Even if a dealer were to pre-register, presumably before selling it or used a number from a list of pre-allocated numbers, the factory would not know about it as the dealer wouldn't tell them and they would not be interested anyway. Very occasionally a registration number is listed in the despatch books, either because the factory registered it as a demonstration press bike, used in competition or the number was supplied by the buyer and had requested the numbers to be affixed to the bike. I am afraid that MA 1219 was not one of those rare machines.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
dennis.t
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Find bike registration details from a frame number

Post by dennis.t »

Roger,
Many thanks for looking. I assume that you or someone at the club entered my name against the frame number when i posted a topic asking what year the frame was made so we come full circle😁
Dennis
1955 VH500 alloy head
1956 NH350 restoration in progress