Girder Forks Repair

Bikes or not. Whatever
charvey
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Girder Forks Repair

Post by charvey »

Hi All,
Is there anybody in the the midlands area who could be recommended by somebody in club who has used them to repair Girders, Thanks Clive.
paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Girder Forks Repair

Post by paul.jameson »

I think the only person doing girders these days is Jake Robbins down in the south-east. You could try Chris Williams at Autocycle Engineering in Dudley who owns Percival and Webb but I think his man who used to do the work is no longer active.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.
phil.trotter

Post by phil.trotter »

This gentleman had a stall at Founders Day; Ray Daniels Girder Forks, Stechford, Birmingham. 0770 354 1930
charvey
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by charvey »

Thanks for both replies I think it will be the south east coast for me I will let the forum know how I get on, Its a bit sad that there is only two people in England who can repair girders perhaps we might have to send them to India to get them repaired in years to come, Regards Clive.
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by nevhunter »

It's not an easy job. You are lucky there's any who will take it on. The tubes being TAPERED make it much more difficult. Nev
Mharrisbarton

Post by Mharrisbarton »

Steve Jones who is a member of the vmcc,whether he is a member of the ariel club I don't know, he bends exhaust pipes etc,he told me that he had the tappered tubing,or could get it? I think he lives in the Kingswinford/Dudley area,I will try to find out more, matt Barton