Touch up paint.

Singles, twins and fours.
Nick Young

Touch up paint.

Post by Nick Young »

Hello,
I wish to buy some red "touch up" paint from Halfords for my 1938 NH. Therefore can someone please let me know an equivalent car color name (make, model and year) that could be used?
Nick.
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Touch up paint.

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi nick look up RS motorcycle and car paint , it will tell what car colour model make and year that matches your Ariel
paul.jameson

Post by paul.jameson »

Perhaps not quite as easy as it sounds. Original paint will have faded by now and if the bike has been repainted at some time, who knows which variety of Red Hunter red was used? There are a number of equivalents to the original colour which have been quoted over the years. I use Renault Rouge RE705 which was chosen as a result of some careful analysis back in the late 1980s. So take your pick and good luck in choosing a colour which does actually match what you already have.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.
JohnnyBeckett

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi Nick if you need to match a old color you need to have it scanned at a good car paint supplier and they will mix it to match the color you have , or go to a good body who have a paint mixing scheme they may mix you some , we use all the time on old and new cars etc to match the paint
Nick Young

Post by Nick Young »

Perhaps I just got lucky!
As found the Halfords standard "tool box red" touch up paint to be a perfect match. :D