WN/G oil pump

Parts needed or for sale, which are unique to the W/NG.
Suppliers of unique Ariel parts.
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: WN/G oil pump

Post by nevhunter »

I don't think there's anything underhanded about it and a lot would think why not have more oil?. Excess oil should be returned by having the scavenge rate higher BUT The way it's picked up doesn't allow that because there's no reservoir to accumulate the oil at the bottom and it goes around the case when the level rises a bit causing OIL DRAG. . This is not just a problem with the Ariel single but it's return system has never changed since the first dry sump model . The pump sizes Ariel provided are adequate . IF bigger ones were the go Ariel would have done it. There's NO extra cost making plungers larger Nev
Vincent.vanGinneke

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Hi Nev, yes your'e right. my suspicious mind took over again :lol:
Only excuse I have is that I have had to many so-called experts telling me nonsense, delivering shit and taking my money over the past half century :D
Ah, never to late for a good rant ! keep on smiling ! :D
nevhunter

Post by nevhunter »

Vincent I used to hot up lots of stuff, race cars, but most of the BIKES went OK as the factory made them. I did the VCH in the early 70's but left things as they were. Great self discipline for the first time (Already polished in the Ports). . It seems some who know little, place a lot of emphasis on what "some bloke somewhere reckons". IF you have the "runs on the Board", you must be doing it right.. Line everything up well and use the proper clearances , that were recommended "In the Day" and don't BUTCHER Anything. Nev