Clutch buffer plate bolt

Singles, twins and fours.
bevanclark
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Clutch buffer plate bolt

Post by bevanclark »

Hi folks,
Is anyone able to tell me what bolts I need to get to secure the clutch buffer plate (Drags part no 8X/M4) ? I presume it is cycle thread ?
Drags ste says to modify another bolt (that they don't have in stock), but don't say what size it is.
I live in a "metric' country, so find imperial measures and descriptions confusing, so if someone could tell me the correct size and description of the (6) bolts I need, i would much appreciate it. (they are actually to replace degraded cush drive buffers on my Panther's Burman clutch).
Cheers,
Bevan
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Clutch buffer plate bolt

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi Bevan, Get on to Geoff Brown at the clubs gearbox and clutch spares he will tell you what size it is , and he may have what you are looking for
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

In fact any 1/4" bolt will do as they are held in place by a nut. They will need thin heads, which is the mod required to the suggested bolts. The nuts also need to be reduced hex, even then they are difficult to grip. It is the Burman number that Drags use. Draganfly now make a re-designed buffer plate that incorporates a nut, so getting round that problem, but it will be a 1/4 CEi thread
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
bevanclark
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by bevanclark »

Thanks. So 1/4" cyclethread it is. As well as the rubbers, I have ordered the plates with the integral nut.