MK1 4G reborers

Bikes or not. Whatever
malcolmm

MK1 4G reborers

Post by malcolmm »

hi
can anyone recommend some one that can rebore and supply pistons in the north west area
Thanks Malcolm.
dave.owen
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: MK1 4G reborers

Post by dave.owen »

Get your pistons from IMD in Cheshire or the club if you are a member
AOMCC Treasurer
jim.haydock

Post by jim.haydock »

Malcolm, I can certainly recommend Bill Bannister of Bannister Engines, Bamber Bridge near Preston (https://bamber-bridge.cylex-uk.co.uk/co ... 90777.html) . Get your pistons from the sources that Dave Owen has mentioned and take them together with your barrels to Bill. Lots of us in the Lancs Branch have used his services over many years past and I've yet to hear anything but the highest praise for his work and valuable advice. If you're not sure of the size of pistons that you'll need then just take the barrels and ask Bill's advice. Hope that helps. Jim Haydock, Lancs Branch. PS. You'll always be welcome at our Lancs Branch Ariel Club meetings ( details on the back of Cheval).
malcolmm

Post by malcolmm »

Thanks Jim will contact Bannister Engines in the new year.
Will take you on your offer to see you and the members
I won’t be on the bike anytime soon lots of parts missing and Engine work
To do .
All the best for the new year.
Thanks Malcolm.
jim.haydock

Post by jim.haydock »

Malcolm,
I'll look forward to seeing you at our Lancs Branch meetings in the new year. If you email John Duckworth he can add you to the Branch mailing list for reminders about our meetings and details of local events that might be of interest. The next meeting at The Lord Nelson, Croston, PR26 9HJ will be on Monday the 8th January from about 8pm.
Jim