Machine shop

Anything about Ariels
malcolmm

Machine shop

Post by malcolmm »

Hi
Can anyone recommend a machine shop that can do all the work rebuilding my 1952 MK1 4G.Engine
In the north west area.
Thanks Malcolm.
paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Machine shop

Post by paul.jameson »

Do you want to deliver your engine to someone and then pick it up later, all ready to put into the bike and run? Such places are none too common. If you want someone you can take the cranks to for regrinding and the cylinder for reboring, I am sure local members will be able to advise.

A lot of people are very reluctant to strip a Square Four engine and then reassemble it. But with guidance, (and the necessary tools) it isn't too difficult. We all had to do it the first time on one occasion. I would suggest a very good first port of call could be the Lancs Branch AOMCC meeting.

The colour of your forum name suggests you are not an AOMCC member. If you are not, join the Club as it is the best investment you can make in restoring your bike. Once a member, don't be afraid to ring the numbers in Cheval to ask for advice as that is why we publish our numbers there.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.
malcolmm

Re: Machine shop

Post by malcolmm »

Yes I am a member .
I have stripped down the engine it needs timing side plain bushes doing not sure yet if it needs a crank grind
It will need a rebore.
Thanks Malcolm.