Sq4 Mk2 Rocker Arm Wear

Singles, twins and fours.
allan.walker
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Sq4 Mk2 Rocker Arm Wear

Post by allan.walker »

I'm in the process of building a Mk2 engine from accumulated parts. I have a set of rockers (B-type, with adjuster over the pushrod) and they all show a noticeable wear ridge on the pad which contacts the valve stem end.
What is the best option for repairing them? Can they be ground/stoned back to the correct profile? Do they need building-up with hard weld first? Would the ends need to be re-hardened?
Is there something else I have missed? :?
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Sq4 Mk2 Rocker Arm Wear

Post by Roger Gwynn »

The hardness should be about .060" deep so light wear can be stoned out, without going through the hardening. Something to do in front of the fire on a winter's night. If they are badly worn, building up with Stelite or similar and regrinding or just re-grinding and hardening will have to be done.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
allan.walker

Post by allan.walker »

Thanks, Roger. It looks like all the rockers are beyond the .060" limit so will need building-up and grinding.
The next question is, who in the UK does this kind of work? Does anyone have any experience of having this work carried out?
Last edited by allan.walker on Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyBeckett

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi, i think DRAGS do it , or they get it done, you will get them from them
allan.walker

Post by allan.walker »

Hi Johnny,
I don't see any specific references on the Draganfly website, just a general mention of engineering services. I'll phone them and ask.
JohnnyBeckett

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi Allan drags was offering reprofile cams and rockers ,they done your ones , or do exchange ones