VH Cylinder Head Arrangement Drawing

Singles, twins and fours.
MGriffin
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

VH Cylinder Head Arrangement Drawing

Post by MGriffin »

Hi there,
Looking at the members area list of factory drawings, can anyone point to whether an arrangement drawing for the postwar VH head was produced? A7-512?
All of the head drawings are described as “Cylinder Head”.
I’m seeking out fitted Valve data and assume an arrangement drawing would or may have some information on it.

Thanks for any help.
Michael.
Regards
Michael.

28 Model A
28 Model C
48 Red Hunter
paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: VH Cylinder Head Arrangement Drawing

Post by paul.jameson »

Yes, we do have various postwar cylinder head drawings. What are you looking for in terms of "fitted valve data", what year and what size engine?
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.
MGriffin
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by MGriffin »

paul.jameson wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:17 pm Yes, we do have various postwar cylinder head drawings. What are you looking for in terms of "fitted valve data", what year and what size engine?
Hi Paul. My head is 500cc from 1948. I’m looking for any info the factory may have determined as far as stem heights and fitted spring lengths. I know this sort of information is more attuned to modern engines but I thought an arrangement drawing might identify this data when investigating alternative parts.
Thanks
Michael.
Regards
Michael.

28 Model A
28 Model C
48 Red Hunter
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

All the correct parts are available and such things as fitted spring lengths are hardly critical on our old machines. We do have a drawing for the head you mention but it is a machining drawing and has to be used alongside A7/342, which again is a machining drawing. A7/512 by the way is a 1936 semi-open valve head and would not be fitted to a 1948 500. 3 different 500 heads were used in 1948, we have drawings for all but they are machining drawings. I don't recollect any drawings that would give the data you are looking for.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Simon.Gardiner

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

Michael

Forum search for installed height (eg using +installed +height) might get you some useful info..... ;)

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
MGriffin
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by MGriffin »

Thanks for the replies.
Regards
Michael.

28 Model A
28 Model C
48 Red Hunter