For Sale; Ariel VHA 1952

dick.warne

For Sale; Ariel VHA 1952

Post by dick.warne »

I previously advertised this VHA earlier this year in Cheval. She is part of a deceased friend's estate and is currently garaged in southern Ireland. This bike was originally registered in Belfast, this number being still on the bike, and there is a green old-style log book also showing this number. The buff original log book has long gone. The interesting thing is that it has never carried a registration issued by the Irish Republic, pre or post-Euro integration, despite extensive searching. It should be straightforward to retain this number via the club procedure with DVLA I would imagine. The number is not on the DVLA database currently.
Bike was fully restored about 5 years ago, but not to 1952 catalogue spec. My pal was a big fella so he wanted higher bars and a higher saddle setting.Plenty of black paint and a dark red tank. New spokes, rims, stainless pipe and silencer, carb, battery, wiring loom, cables, tyres etc. All the things that needed replacement/refurb have been. I have some photos that need digging out to add to this post. Another good thing is that the frame and engine numbers match, which can be quite rare on an Ariel of this age. The frame is Anstey link by the way. I think there must be a few VHAs around the place with no engines in them as many motors end up in s/arm frames!! £6000. Contact me on the forum or 07554/317605. Thanks for looking, Dick.
Bob.Murphy
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: For Sale; Ariel VHA 1952

Post by Bob.Murphy »

Post some detailed pictures, Dick - people love pictures ;) .

Bob.
My avatar shows the late Len Rich in 1970 with the bike I now have - a 1958 Ariel VH