New member with a 45 WNG build

General talk about the W/NG
Andy H

Re: New member with a 45 WNG build

Post by Andy H »

There are a set steel primaries on ebay,they are missing the clutch cover,which is not the same as normal Ariel one,it is for this fitment only.worth a look to see what you need.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394054665615 ... 000%7C1500
Adz.F
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Adz.F »

Thank you, good to put a picture against what I should have!

It would be lovely to have it absolutely correct but for now that money will be spent on the parts that I don't have a suitable substitute for. I am sure I will regret not obtaining it now as I know that most of these items are likely to be scarce in numbers.

I hope to make some more progress this weekend and with a bit of luck would like to discover some parts at kempton!

Many thanks
Simon.Gardiner
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

Steel chaincases?
For members, see http://www.arielownersmcc.com/members_o ... incase.pdf

(The website - and Club membership - does have uses.... ;) )

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
Adz.F
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Adz.F »

Amazing, thats a really good breakdown!

Thank you Simon!
Adz.F
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Adz.F »

So I managed to get some items at Kempton which me and my 11 year old had fun rummaging through boxes of bits for.

A speedo drive for the front brake plate, a chronometric - sadly not quite correct but an 80mph one which will be fine for now, a correct headlamp shell and a lower tool box and a fuel cap which may or may not be correct but fits the tank. A little battle damaged by a previous owner but I like it.

Since then I have also acquired the speedo drive gear - lucky find on ebay as they don't seem to be available from Drags, a 4 position lucas headlamp switch, an old pattern front mudguard - looks identical to the ones pictured at Drags and seems decent quality too.

Also just recieved in the post a correct gear change lever as it was available and looks better than the modified one I currently have.

Had some help from the club gearbox parts service (thank you Geoff) and have rebuilt the gearbox less outer cover for now as awaiting a stud and some domed nuts

Just waiting for the engine shop to come back with what size the damage will clear at then I can order my piston and engine parts ready for assembly.
Adz.F
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Adz.F »

Here she is, I am reasonably happy with her! I know she is not totally correct and there's still a few bits to do. I have the wrong angle carb chamber so need to try and find one! Despite this she starts easily as long as you don't leave the fuel tap open! Once I have the correct one I will be able to take her out for a decent ride.

Thanks for all the assistance given by the site and members!
Attachments
20230508_135343.jpg
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by nevhunter »

Doesn't look too shabby. You should get away with the 11 degree bowl but they are available new The float needle should improve with a bit of use but don't allow flooding as there's risk of fire. Mine went on the road in 1997. Always been a very easy starter and a non oil leaker and super reliable. The "Original " Gear ratios I eventually exchanged for the non trials type as the jump to Fourth gear was too widely spaced for comfortable road purposes. She's done quite a few miles. 2 rear tires. and a new chain and gearbox sprocket. Nev
TonyBaxter
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by TonyBaxter »

She looks great :D