Singles camshaft nut

Bikes or not. Whatever
PeteL
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Singles camshaft nut

Post by PeteL »

Hi Bob,
You were not far from where we live now. I grew up in Keynsham.
I've just heard from the insurance, and RAC are going to recover it tomorrow on their behalf. It will be assesed, but they think that if water has got into the engine unit, it'll be a write off.
PeteL
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by PeteL »

Spare plates to make clutch locking tool arrived from Paul. Many thanks.
Since taking the XSR 700 Yam bog snorkling on Sunday evening, the saga has continued. Before the recovery firm could get to it, some thieving ratbag removed the bike from the ditch. It took the insurance a while to get their head around this odd turn of events but now, hopefully the claim will go through smoothly enough.
As the VH is now my only functioning set of wheels until the insurance is settled, 'll let the cam chest seep a bit and fix it once I've got something to replace the XSR.
I used to ride old bikes like the VH in the '70s to and from work, trips to the continent and so on and I expect others still do, but I'm a bit out of practice.
At least I've got a good side stand, she's an easy starter with everything set correctly and ticks over even before being fully warmed up, which makes getting gloves on etc. much easier. I think I've got the front brake working better and if so, I'll be a lot happier
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi, that was easy picking that was on the cards it would go missing with these thieves to day, they will come in your drive and nick your bike or car even if it chained down and i you front them they will stab you :evil: two toerags was nicking the cat on the boys car, he and his friend come along and saw them one standing guard and one under the car he knock out one and his mate let the juck down on the one under the car i don't think the thieves will be nicking for a while , what the thieves did not know the car they was nicking the cat off belonged to heavyweight cage fighters :roll: :lol:
PeteL
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by PeteL »

I had no choice.
Sunday night it was leave it in the ditch and get home to avoid hypothermia.
I called my insurer 1st thing Monday, they said don't worry, we're arranging to get it recovered, which they couldn't do that day.
If the recovery guy had gone to the right location Tuesday morning, it was still there. I know 'cos I was there waiting for him to arrive.
As it was, sunk in the ditch, it was a bloody sight harder to get at than padlocked in a driveway. That'd be just a bolt cutter job.
I just hope whoevere it was got cold, wet and filthy muddy getting their hands on it, and that the engine is unsavable.