I've got my bike home

John.Donnelly

I've got my bike home

Post by John.Donnelly »

I've mentioned the story of this bike elsewhere, in brief Grandad bought it, and started the restoration, ut then had to leaveit at my uncles house, after his death Dad took it on, then it stayed in his garage roofspace for a few more years now I've got it. Dads keeping the engine and doing the work on that I'm doing the cycle parts

Collection point
took this then noticed bits like forks swingarm etc aren't in the car, loaded these then spent a week driving around the north of Ireland

When I got home I couldn't resist putting some parts in a rough shape

the engine that stayed with Dad

most of the rest of the bits

and the origonal clock

I've had a few different ideas but I think I'll try and 'dry' assemble the bike first so I can see what is needed, what fits what needs work etc, get everything soild first then strip it (so I know what is where) then rebuild and ride.

One problem I have is that allegedly two of my cousins tore the bike appart and just threw the bits into plastic bags etc nothing labeled so I fel like I'm starting a massive puzzle with limited instructions,

I also arrived home to find the planning permission for a large shed has been granted so that will get build and the build moved there as there isn't much room in the shared one just now
John
admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: I've got my bike home

Post by admin »

What really helped me was looking at other people's bikes that are the same as mine (would eventually be)
Where are you and where is your local ariel branch ??
John.Donnelly

Re: I've got my bike home

Post by John.Donnelly »

Hi John

thanks for the reply, I'm just to the west of Glasgow, The local branch is near Edinburgh, they have already extended an invite via a post on the site and I hope to make it across next month

I put the tyre back on the rear wheel tonight and got the wheel located in the swingarm properly, also found the petrol cap and set it on the tank, the tap has been put safe on one side for now, the side stand is on, and the footrests kust sitting in place. Still lots of loose bolts etc to sort through definately will talk to the branch members and look at as many bikes as I can before making big decisions

off to bed now
John
John