For Sale: Late 1930's Red Hunter VH500

dave.pitt

For Sale: Late 1930's Red Hunter VH500

Post by dave.pitt »

For sale to an AOMCC enthusiast...
A former member of the Selly Oak branch has for sale a late 1930's Red Hunter which I have known personally since about 1993. (Disclaimer: This is no guarantee of it's provenance or internal mechanical condition! But I don't suspect anything untoward)!
The bike was bought and restored by former Selly Oak branch member Peter Marshall (now deceased) back in the early 1990's. Pete was a retired machine tool shop foreman at GKN in Birmingham and knew his way around a lathe, milling machine, etc.
Pete bought the bike from an advert in one of the mags, and set about it himself. He joined the AOMCC and had the bike roadworthy pretty quickly. Pete was an every month attender of branch meetings for about 15 years before age got to him. The bike was often on Selly Oak branch runs and was at most Annual Rallies up till about 2007/8.
Several years ago Pete got dementia and I was instrumental in the sale to it's current owner who became a member but is now lapsed. He has now taken on a new project in classic four wheel world and garage space and cash is needed. He kindly offered it to me first because of my former involvement, so I viewed it two weeks ago for the first time in a few years. It's a nice bike but probably worth more than I am willing to spend.
So, it's a 1936 frame, 1937 engine and a CP gearbox, with a black frame and girder fork, with a red and chrome tank. It has chrome rims with red and gold lined centres. It looks right, in nice overall riding condition, but is not concours. Mechanically it appears fine and you can ride it away. It is located in central England somewhere between Birmingham and Worcester.
The owner is inviting offers. I can forward on any serious enquiries.
Dave Pitt
See my contact details in Cheval-de-Fer, page 2 or back page. Call me, text me, email me. I only pop in here now and then.
Dave Pitt
dave.pitt

Re: For Sale: Late 1930's Red Hunter VH500

Post by dave.pitt »

This bike is now sold.
Dave Pitt