Does anyone have any of these?

GuyH
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Does anyone have any of these?

Post by GuyH »

I'm restoring a 1939 Model OG 250 and it's missing the four speed Burman H/HP gearbox and also the inner and outer chain-cases. Unfortunately these are both unique to the '39 250s and so are a tad difficult to find. The H/HP gearboxes were very popular with the trials and grass-track boys apparently so could be sitting in a completely different bike by now or lying in bits as the cases were a bit fragile and prone to cracking. I've posted a couple of photo's below of the box and cases on a 1939 model OH I have in the hope that someone will recognise them and realise they have some lurking at the back of their shed! All help gratefully received, I'm happy to buy for good old fashioned cash or swap for other Ariel spares - I have some pre and post war Square Four bits as well as magdyno's and various odds and ends for different bikes.....
Attachments
Ariel OH rebuild 002.JPG
1939 Ariel OH Red Hunter 004.JPG
1939 600 OHV 4F, 1956 MKII Square Four, a Healey, 1939 OH 250, 1939 OG 250 plus a couple of OG250 projects, 1920 Ariel V twin project and a variety of lesser makes