Brenton's bikes return home

brenton.roy
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Brenton's bikes return home

Post by brenton.roy »

The concrete is just dry on the new shed floor, so a couple of the kids have come home...
The VH is 1948 (faded paint discussed in an earlier post, but not as orange as the photo looks). The MK 1 is 1951 and yes, should have a painted tank. It has the big cannister truck air filter (export models?).
I think it is ex SA police.
The beemer is a '53 R67/2. The R65 was dad's and you may have spotted the Mk2 bits, which is a '56.
It's great to finally have a workshop.
Unfortunately I don't have a dog, and none of the kids are mentioning weddings...
Attachments
vh.jpg
mk1.jpg
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
Steven.Carter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: Brenton's bikes return home

Post by Steven.Carter »

Nice bikes and good to have a nice wide shed, I struggle getting past my bikes. My poor mirrors are always getting pushed around. Don't forget to drip some oil on your new concrete floor, it helps it to harden :D
you now have plenty of room for a sidecar if one of yours do get married.
Steve
Dave.Simpson

Post by Dave.Simpson »

nice collection Brenton, has it grown yet? good to see the Woolies shopping bag put to another use, I seem to have hundreds of the things in the boot/back seat/kitchen/etc/etc
cheers, Dave
'28 Model B with a '29 engine and sidecar
brenton.roy

Post by brenton.roy »

Hi Dave, it's changed a bit and is definitely more lived in.
The R/65 is away with the brother in law. There's a '37NG that lives there now and an '85 Mk4 Le Mans. The Mk2 frame is still in the same spot. The paint and chrome for it are done and wheels built. The Anstey bushes that were my excuse for not putting it together have arrived from Drags... It was running Ok, but I do need to clean out the crank. I have to admit I'm a bit daunted by the engine work.
Ariel wise, there's a shed B - which has the unrestored bikes. Most of these are on the "one day" list - and yes, there's a sidecar there Steven..
My plan is to win lotto and retire to the shed. Not successful just yet, but no doubt it's just around the corner.
regards, Brenton
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
adrie.degraaff

Post by adrie.degraaff »

If you don't want stains on the floor this is what you do;

take a bucket of old oil, spread it over the floor and gone are the stains :D .
brenton.roy

Post by brenton.roy »

Thanks Adrie! - that's been the plan with every other shed I have had. I put orange concreting plastic underneath the carpet you can see. The Mk1 leaks a bit of oil, which has soaked under the carpet and is sitting on the plastic. You can't see it, except for the footprints you leave on the concrete after you have been standing there..
The plastic bag was just a bit of new shed optimism. Gone now.
I guess if i wanted clean, I would have taken up badminton or some other less oily enterprise..
john.nash

Post by john.nash »

I like the lime green one in the background .. what'll it do ?
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
brenton.roy

Post by brenton.roy »

Ha Ha, you'll notice there's not a push mower. That's how slack I am!
It gets used for joyrides with the grandson and does some pretty mean burnouts on wet grass. Almost had it up to 8 once (slight tail wind, downhill).