CYCLONE OIL TANK AND TOOLBOX TRANSFERS

Anything about Ariels
dave.jones

CYCLONE OIL TANK AND TOOLBOX TRANSFERS

Post by dave.jones »

Can anyone confirm what transfers appear on the oil tank and toolbox on a Cyclone.

I believe there is an Ariel one on the middle of the oil tank.
Should there be a 'MINIMUM OIL LEVEL' as well.

Is there anything on the toolbox?

Any advice appreciated.

Dave.
Moto Guzzi EV California, Suzuki GS750, Ariel FH 'Clone (WIP)
keith.mettam
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by keith.mettam »

Hi Dave,
The following link will give you the DraganFly Transfer Listing information (in pdf format so you will need Acrobat to open & read it once downloaded and saved).
http://www.draganfly.co.uk/data/pdf/ariel_trans.pdf

The way I read the chart the Cyclone has a 'Horse & Horseshoe' transfer A117-90 on both the toolbox (all models 50-58) and the oil tank (Cyclone 57 & 58). There is also a 'Minimum Oil Level' transfer A115-90 on the oil tank (all models 51-58).
If the link doesn't open from the forum then just copy and paste it into a new browser window.
Hope this helps,
regards,
Keith Mettam.
dave.jones

Post by dave.jones »

Thanks for that Keith.

I've also seen photos of a Cyclone 'Emblem' on some Tool Boxes, on the internet, not sure of their pedigree tho'.

Thanks

Dave
keith.mettam

Post by keith.mettam »

Perhaps the one described as 'Horse and Horseshoe Cyclone' for the oil tank is a unique transfer for the Cyclone (57-58) although the reference no (A117-90), size and colours quoted are exactly the same as the 'Horse and Horseshoe' A117-90 for 'all models' (50-58). To be absolutely sure check with Jerry Mortimer, he wrote the document and will supply you with the right transfers. According to the chart a 'Cyclone' emblem on the toolbox is incorrect.
All the best Dave,
Keith Mettam.
jerry.mortimore
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by jerry.mortimore »

Dave,
Given the usual caveat that what was illustrated in the catalogue didn't always find it's way onto the actual bikes and that consistency was not an Ariel quality...
There should have been:
A horseshoe transfer on the centre of the toolbox lid.
A horseshoe transfer in the centre of the oil tank below a minimum oil level transfer.
A Works address transfer on the top of the rear number plate bracket.
A Reg'd Design transfer on the headlamp cowling. (there were three types: gold on clear, gold on white and black on gold. I only stock gold on clear)

The horseshoe transfer has a blue horseshoe with a white centre with a horse head over it.

I am not sure about the Cyclone logo - I have never had access to an original to confirm it. If anyone can confirm it's existance and has got an example I would like a tracing so I can add it to my stock. The catalogue sheet has 'Cyclone' in a script form that could have been used but I cannot confirm it. Have you got a copy of the catalogue sheet, Dave? I have a picture of the late great Buddy Holly's Cyclone that shows the horseshoe transfer.

Jerry
1935 cammy Square, 1938 VB, brace of 1950 MkI Squares, 1959 MkII Square and several Ariel and Fleet pushbikes.
jerry.mortimore
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by jerry.mortimore »

PS. I expect an anorak award for that....
Jerry
1935 cammy Square, 1938 VB, brace of 1950 MkI Squares, 1959 MkII Square and several Ariel and Fleet pushbikes.
dave.jones

Post by dave.jones »

Thanks Jerry,
I'll be in touch, missed you Saturday at Stafford, 1st time for me good day out.

Dave