1939 VH stand and rear light

robin rose

1939 VH stand and rear light

Post by robin rose »

My 1939 VH project looks like it may be nearing completion, the two outstanding items I am after are the centrestand
and 'MG' type rear light unit. Finding either of them seems a bit unlikely as they were only used for one years production,
however I have held tell of stands being made someware, if anyone knows were I would be grateful.
If anybody has any knowledge of what type of light, perhaps a car unit? that would help.
A picture with dimensions would also help me on my way to perhaps model and produce one.

Any advice gratefully recieved, Rob.
adrie.degraaff
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: 1939 VH stand and rear light

Post by adrie.degraaff »

I have made the metal numberplate supports, they have 1 bolt on mid top and 1 at the mid bottem.

There are several lights in the same shape; aluminium and brass, the last being original, they are on cars and sidecars.

If the glass lucas logo on top is red than it's Ariel, if white sidecar.

It''s made of a 1 pease brass plate 0.7mm thick, pressed in shape and soldered at the pointed rounding and bottem, the glass goes in with a bayonet lock, it's clamped to the support with 2 clamps like a speedo 1/3 in to the support.

I don't have your midstand but I think it's on ebay.
Last edited by adrie.degraaff on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
robin rose

Post by robin rose »

Hi Adrie,
Thankyou for your reply, I will use the information you have supplied in my search for a light!
Yes my machine is an Ansty liink version and by it's frame number a very early one off the production line.
It has the centre stand fittings on the bottom rails of the frame, the left one also incorporates the foot brake pivot. Yes I would be interested in the stand if it is available, you can contact me off forum at:- robin.r@manx.net

thanks again, Rob Rose.
dave.owen

Post by dave.owen »

Try searhing for MG sidelight , as they are similar in appearance

Dave
AOMCC Treasurer