Black Ariel Battery Platform

Singles, twins and fours.
paul.wirdnam
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Black Ariel Battery Platform

Post by paul.wirdnam »

In the late 1990's, I attended the AOMCC AGM and Autojumble at Rothley and someone was selling some excellent reproduction battery platforms for late Black Ariels.

They were very accurate steel pressings and I bought two. Both got used on the Model B and G that I had at the time --- now sadly gone. So my questions are:

Does anyone know who made them? :?:
Are they still being made and, if so, how can I buy one? :?:

Thanks!
Paul
ben.mitchell

Re: Black Ariel Battery Platform

Post by ben.mitchell »

Hi Paul
I think that they were made by Nikolaus Mueller Seidel in South Germany, he does not make Ariel parts generally any more but drop him an email and he may be able to help out, email me direct if you want his details.
Ben
Dave.Barkshire

Post by Dave.Barkshire »

Paul. I have recently been sent a diagram of the 1930 battery carrier straps by Vic Horley which you may find useful which I will upload to this posting. I don't have any drawings of the platform itself but mine is off the bike at the moment so I could make you a drawing if that would be useful.

PS I think Mike MacDonald may have made up a few battery carriers a few years ago but I'm told he doesn't have any of them left.

PPS One of the Czechs has some parts on ebay right now.
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/pepous/m.html?_t ... 4340.l2562

Also a 1930 type straight pull throttle #290553969408
Attachments
Ariel_1930_BatteryCarrrierStraps.jpg
Ariel_1930_BatteryCarrrierStraps.jpg (668.14 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
ben.mitchell

Post by ben.mitchell »

Paul
I saw one at the AGM autojumble on Saturday..it was on the stand next to Pete Collings, I did think or buying it for you but could not remeber who it was that wanted one.
Ben
paul.wirdnam

Post by paul.wirdnam »

ben.mitchell wrote:Paul
I saw one at the AGM autojumble on Saturday..it was on the stand next to Pete Collings, I did think or buying it for you but could not remeber who it was that wanted one.
Ben
Not to worry Ben...you're getting old...I forget things as well. ;)

And many thanks for your previous post with details of the person who made them back in the nineties.
Paul
Hugo Wilson

Post by Hugo Wilson »

Paul, if you are getting one made, please let me know. I'd happily split costs on two, which might make it cheaper. My '29 Model B is fitted with a rather crude home made platform and I'd like to fit something better if possible. I think it's the same as on the '30 model.
magne.aga

Post by magne.aga »

Hugo Wilson wrote:Paul, if you are getting one made, please let me know. I'd happily split costs on two, which might make it cheaper. My '29 Model B is fitted with a rather crude home made platform and I'd like to fit something better if possible. I think it's the same as on the '30 model.
And so do I. Strange, but my 1929 Model B also have a strange home made box for the battery.
I will be happy to by a original like platform.
1929 Model B, 1944 W/NG